Friday 24 May 2013

Save My Hair!

I've been in dire need of a hair cut since February, and because I've been putting it off, the frizzies and fly-aways have increased, split ends have become more of a worry and my curls are just looking and feeling a bit lacklustre. I've been experimenting with treatments and leave-ins meaning I've spend some sad Saturday nights with a big goop of EVOO in my hair, curled up on the couch with a bag over my head to lock - the things we do for beauty!

Casually browsing StrawberryNet last week I found Macadamia Natural Healing Oil for just $19 AUD. I immediately ordered a bottle after reading rave reviews on various forums - ordered Thursday evening, arrived the following Wednesday morning. I was very pleased with the prompt delivery and even more pleased with the product itself!

Immediately I went in a for a smell - as others have described, it has a musky fragrance to it, but that doesn't bother me, I find it to be light and sensual. The oil itself is quite thick, which I was very eager to slather on my dry ends because this hair is in desperate need of some TLC. I applied a generous amount purely as a treatment for about 30 mins prior to washing my hair, and after it was about 50% dry, I applied a small drop and worked through my ends.

Here are the two 'after' shots - keeping in mind it's unruliness is due to my much needed haircut!

 The first being 'just woke up' hair. The second being with a new application which you can see has tamed what usually is the impossible.
 This oil treatments leaves my hair feeling soft and shiny, and makes me feel better about my ends which ache for moisture. Although this contains silicons, it doesn't feel as 'artificial' as other oils I've tried such as Moroccan Oil or Babyliss Argan Oil. I'll still continue with my DIY EVOO or Coconut treatments on a fortnightly basis, but I think this bad boy will become not only a weekly treatment, but also a crucial part of my morning hair routine in order to keep my mane looking tame.

Price - Purchased for a low $19 on rare special online, retails for $44.95
Rating - So far so good, 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment